Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Angie and Shelby meet Emma

Emma Jane Villarreal

I met my new niece this weekend! She is as tiny and beautiful as I had imagined. Jess and Phil definitely make some gorgeous babies. I tried to help out by staying up with her till midnight Sun and Monday nights so Phil and Jess could actually sleep in the same bed for the first time in a week. No biggie for me because I usually work till 10pm at night. I spiced things up a bit because Luke had a three day play date w/ Shelby. So we had a 1 1/2 yrs old girl and a 2 yr old boy with a 1 week old. WOW! Jessica calls it "Man on Man Defense" - I call it whose got who?


Shelby watched her like a Hawk!

Shelby is my "Little Mamma". She wanted to hug and kiss and hold baby Emma ALL the time. And if I was holding the baby it got worse-she wanted me to hold her too. She thought Emma was one of her dollies. The funniest thing is that Emma would cry once or twice a night if she was hungry and Shelby would hear her. Then she would pop her head up and look around and say "Baby Emma, Where's baby?". She was completely asleep and yet worried. It was hillarious. . . but only because then she would hit the pillow like a brick. She was still asleep!
(Not so funny if she completely woke up. )
Luke and Shelby had a great weekend playing together. They are at such a fun age. Although defiant sometimes, cute as hell.

1 comment:

Casa Villarreal said...

I just ordered her birth announcements and wish I had used the pic you took of her sleeping! Its way better than the one I used... oh well! :)