Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter is here!

On Thursday night Caden came over and we died Easter eggs. Thank God we covered our table with butcher paper! Our table would have been as crazy as our eggs. After a lesson in hard boiling eggs from the internet we gave it a shot. An hour and a half later the 3 dozen eggs were boiled and ready to be dipped. Shelby got an agg and a cup of regular water. She never knew the differance. LOL! I (of course) wanted the eggs cute and pretty, the boys however wanted crazy tie-died and multi-colored eggs. They got their chance once I was giving Shelby her bath to re-dip some of my eggs. I was a little -urpted when I noticed what they had done but I was soon reminded that they are just eggs. O-well. That's what I get for leaving the scene.



We all met at my parents house on Saturday for Easter. Luke and Shelby were so much fun. They would run off and play together and have full blown conversations. Not one fight in sight. The climax of the day was when we hid the plastic eggs around the house for the kids to find. They both did really well. Jessica filled them w/ gold fish crackers, teddy grams and trail mix. It was perfect! The kids weren't on a crazy sugar high and we we didn't feel guilty for eating some of the snacks. I was able to get my baby fix with Emma. I held her for as long a s I could. She was fussy sometimes w/ other people but was able to calm down with me. I felt very special. It was actually a rainy day for the most part, but we didn't mind.

No comments: