Monday, January 12, 2009

Let me catch you up . . .

So we have been very busy. Let have an instant re-play to catch you up to speed.



Shelby's new room turned out great! Her favorite is her new canopy tent. She is always in it playing with her dolls or pretending to read books. Her new bedding is perfect and very girly.

Christmas was a very busy but we all had a really good time. It is always fun spending time with my family. Thank you to everyone who got presents for Shelby. She is having a ball reading her books, coloring and playing with her toys. I had to work Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day. But double time is worth it. The pay check was nice.


New Years Eve
Eric and Amanda had a great party. I got off work at 10pm and jetted over to their house for the night. Patty watched Shelby so we were baby free! It was a little chili but nothing extreme. All our friends were there and we had a blast. It is so hard to get all the girls in a pic, this is as close as I got on my camera. LOL! Where's Stacy . . . I think she was chasing Alyssa in the house.

Saturday Afternoon was Luke's 2nd Birthday Party



I spent about 2 1/2 days in Tucson helping my sister get ready for Luke's Birthday party. She is about 8 months pregnant; in addition to the help she probably enjoyed my company. LOL, I just mean another adult around during the day. We went to a "Meet Up Moms" get together at "Pump It Up". Shelby did OK. She was pretty overwhelmed though and was very clingy. Luke had a ball. He goes down the huge slides and through the obstacle course like a pro. I was very impressed! The kids really bonded this weekend. They were so cute! The party was a hit! All of the perfect party elimants; Eegies, Cake, Pinata and Playtime. Seeing Luke hit the home-made Shrek pinata makes me predict he will be a very good baseball player. You should have seen him. . . ONE HANDED!

Saturday Night was Jared and Sam's Wedding Reception
We jetted back up to Phoenix. Our good friends Jared and Sam got married in Turks and Cacaos about a month ago. They took 20 of their closest family and friends w/ them to say "I Do" Then came back and planned a really fun party. We decided to bring Shelby to the party to show her off. She has been sick lately so she wasn't her normal self but she still did well for 18 months. (Man do I look Tired) Two parties in two different cities will do that to a girl.


And finally on Sunday we had Alyssa's 3rd Birthday Party


Scott and Stacy decided to have a small pizza party for Alyssa this year. Her birthday is New Years Eve so they try and space out the party by having it on another weekend. I spent the morning at Heather's house helping her decorate the cake. It turned out amazing and I was so proud to say that I helped, just like a kid. The theme was Strawberry Shortcake and it took about 2 1/2 hrs to finish. The kids had already eaten some of the green balls around the bottom. They were fondant. She got some really cute presents and tore through them like a mad woman. She had a really good time.

Thanks for having us over!

1 comment:

Casa Villarreal said...

You HAD to use the pic where Luke is totally picking his nose! :P We had a great time and was so glad that you came down early- much more fun that way! See you in a few weeks!