Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Getting Ready for Christmas

The tree is up, the "Nick-Knacks" are out and the lights have been hung. All without any injuries. Can you believe it? We are slowly getting into the spirit but at least we are headed in the right direction. For example on Saturday I will be going to a women's brunch with my mom and sister at 9:30am, then going to a cookie exchange at 11, followed by the USAA's Children's Holiday Party from 1-4pm and then coming home to change, breath and dress my daughter and husband for Debb's annual boat parade/ holiday party on the water. My guess is that I will pass out by 8pm on Debb's couch and will have to be dragged home like a dead corpse. I hope Shawn can carry my butt. Maybe a cocktail or two will keep me going. We will have to see.

I was able to order all of Shelby's new bedding and it is perfect. My vision for her room is all coming together. I will have to schedule my personal Handy-Man to make the appropriate adjustments in regards to shelving, frames and her new canopy leaves. It's gonna be awesome! I will post a picture when we are done. I am thinking sometime after New Years. She will finally have a "Little Girl's Room". I went way to practical with the farm. (Although I do LOVE it) And it sounds like practical and neutral were unnecessary because Shawn doesn't want anymore children. O-well.

No comments: